Thursday, April 14, 2011

Muhammad Khalifah, undergraduate student

Hi I’m Muhammad Khalifah, a Libyan who currently pursuing his Master in Human Rights in West Virginia University, I express my gratefulness that The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) finally decided to intervene the civil war by announcing military forces and imposing a no-fly zone over Libya.A no-fly zone is the best way to prevent al-Qadhafi from killing more innocent Libyan. Al-Qadhafi has launched war in Tripoli and Benghali on March 18, 2011, when these innocent villagers marching out from the mosque after praying. Many had died, that is a terrific day. I prayed to god to protect my family every night since the war began. I know exactly how Colonel al-Qadhafi will do until he regain his power. Still, my father had injured. He is now laying the hospital in a critic situation. There is no way he can recover when Colonel al-Qadhafi blocked the supply of water, electric, and gas to these places.
Other than that, I also conveyed my desire for a change of regime in his country. After experiencing the anti-democratic in Libya and freedom of democracy in the United States, I will appreciate the opportunity for having democratic system in my own country. I am looking forward for the change once al-Qadhafi no longer in power. As I am studying the Master of Human Rights, I am thirst for the knowledge of it. There is so much that I absorb every day. If the rebels leader, Mustafa Abdul Jalil, won in the civil war, I will be more than happy to return to my country with my knowledge to help him to built a new country with air of freedom and democracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment